Info for Online Trainings
In person trainees will receive ALL training material at the training workshop.
However, many of our trainings are held online to ensure your safety while providing access to this valuable therapeutic tool.
If you register for an online training, WE NEED TO MAIL TRAINING MATERIAL TO YOU PRIOR TO THE TRAINING DATE.
We ask for additional information to ensure you receive the material you need to attend the online trainings. Please provide the email address, telephone number and street address that will allow us to send you the links and materials you will need to participate in the workshop.
THIS WILL PROBABLY BE YOUR HOME ADDRESS AND CELL PHONE NUMBER.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Dr. Christine Ranck, Ph.D.
As a special thank you, anyone who completes registration for a workshop will receive a free soundtrack of original bilateral music to use during training and with your clients as you experience the transformative power of Brainspotting in action. Look for the link in your registration confirmation after payment.
Refunds are only given under special circumstances or in case of emergency., and must be cleared by the Brainspotting Trainings organization before given. Trainers do not decide the circumstances that merit a full refund. However, if you are unable to attend, your payment can also be held and applied to a Brainspotting training given by Dr. Ranck at any point up to one year from the ending date of the event you were originally scheduled to attend.
BSP Policies and Guidelines During All Brainspotting Training Events
Participant pre-requisites, responsibilities and in-course safety for all
BSP Phase One and Phase Two training courses, taught by Dr. Christine Ranck are specialized courses designed by Dr. David Grand to teach Brainspotting techniques to mental health practitioners for use with clients within the practitioner’s current scope of training and practice.
BSP Phases 3 & 4; the Master Class and the 5 Day Intensive are only taught by Dr David Grand himself.
Brainspotting trainings DO NOT provide basic training in trauma-informed therapy or basic counseling skills.
Safety is a basic and necessary requirement for learning. It is the responsibility of the BSP trainer and assistants to establish and maintain a feeling of the safety within the group so that learning can occur.
The BSP Training team presumes participants have a mature level of interpersonal competency, good communication skills, a working knowledge of counselling frameworks, and sufficient self-regulation skills to manage their own needs while attending the course.
- The safety of all trainers, assisting staff and participants are paramount at all times.</li
- Any abuse, discrimination, rudeness or disrespect for any reason of anyone in the training by a participant is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
- If a participant at a training event is not able to: manage and regulate themselves adequately or they pose excessive distraction; are rude or otherwise disrespectful to the trainer, or any other participant; or are preventing the trainer from adequately teaching the course because of their behavior; BSP Trainings LLC reserves the right to immediately discontinue that participant’s right to participate in the remainder of the training and they will be asked to leave immediately.
Scope of Training and Practice
It is asked, during all times of the training weekend, that participants only use Brainspotting within their existing scope of practice and training.
Experiential Practice Sessions
- BSP training courses include experiential exercises. Your participation in these training exercises will help you appreciate the unique power and effectiveness of Brainspotting from both the client and therapist chairs.
- During practice sessions, those of you in the “client chair” will be using your real issues.
- We rely on you to take care of your own safety by taking up the option to “pass” at any point on any individual or group activity or demonstration that you are not comfortable with, and to practice appropriate self-disclosure at a level that is right for you.
- BSP courses are not offered as a time or place for deep personal therapy, nor for detailed academic debate.
Personal Therapy & Clinical Supervision
- It is presumed that participants have regular supervision and ready access to therapeutic support if they need it after the training for processing personal matters that may get brought up during course training exercises.
- Inevitably, when we are working with the subcortical brain, old issues may emerge to be healed. If this is the case, it is the participants’ responsibility to avail themselves of therapeutic support after the training finishes.
- Please speak to the trainer if any personal issues brought up during the class become a difficulty.
BSP Training Format
In alignment with all International BSP Training, there is a combination of the following:
- Lecture with Powerpoint Slides
- Live Demonstrations with trainer and a trainee to highlight the teaching points in lectures
- Practice of those points and “Set Ups” in pairs, using real issues (not role play)
- Debrief, comments and questions
- BSP courses are not offered as a time for detailed academic debate about any topics covered in the course.
BSP Live Demonstrations
Live demonstrations are solely to highlight the teaching points you learn during the lecture and powerpoint. Demos are not a full therapy session.
Confidentiality at all times
- As we are a professional group, we ask everyone to maintain the confidentiality of all private material shared by all participants throughout the workshop.
- During debriefing time, we ask you to limit your questions and comments to your own process as the client and as the therapist.
- Please respect the confidentiality of your practice partner’s confidential sharing during debriefing sessions.
Volunteering to be “the client” during live demonstrations
- If you would like to volunteer to be in the “role of client”
- During a live demo or during a practice session with your colleagues, we ask that you choose an issue or event that you consider has no greater activation for you on that day than a 5 or 6 (on a scale of 10).
- If more than one person volunteers to be in the role of the client in the live demo, we will choose the person with the issue which will best allow us to highlight the points just taught.